Frederick W. Nessler has been practicing law throughout the state of Illinois and the United States for over 40 years. Mr. Nessler opened his law office in Lincoln, Illinois in 1977. Since that time, he has helped injured people recover hundreds of millions in compensation for the injuries they suffered due to the negligence of others. Mr. Nessler has been awarded numerous recognitions throughout his career, each of which is detailed below.
Nessler & Associates now has offices in Springfield, Champaign-Urbana, Decatur, Lincoln, Rockford, Sherman, and Chicago, Illinois. Nessler & Associates also maintains offices in Denver, Colorado; Ft. Worth, Texas; Orange, Texas; Largo, Florida; Tampa, Florida and St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Principal of The Law Offices of Frederick W. Nessler and Associates, Ltd.
- Former Board of Managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Juris Doctorate, 1977 cum laude, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent
- B.S., 1974, University of Illinois College of Agriculture
- (Past Vice President, Sachem Honorary Society; past Vice President, Omnicron Delta Kappa Honorary Society; Gamma Sigma Delta, Honor Society of Agriculture)
- Graduate of National Institute of Trial Advocacy – Advanced Trial Advocacy Skills
- Graduate of National College of Advocacy – Advanced Course in Trial Advocacy
- Graduate of Lawyers Post Graduate Clinic – Trial Technique Institute
Professional Achievements and Honors
- Named Super Lawyer by Illinois Super Lawyers – 2009, 2010. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Named Top 100 Litigation Lawyer by American Society of Legal Advocates
- Martindale Hubbell- AV Rated
- Named Fellow by the American Bar Association
- Former Secretary of Illinois Trial Lawyers
- Former Treasurer of Illinois Trial Lawyers
- Former Parliamentarian of Illinois Trial Lawyers
- Former Executive Committee of Illinois Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 1977 Illinois
- 1990 Colorado
- 2011 Texas
Mr. Nessler has represented and continues to represent injured persons and workers in all varieties of injury cases throughout Illinois, Texas, and Colorado. Mr. Nessler practices plaintiffs’ personal injury law handling catastrophic injury cases including vehicular injury, workers compensation, defective products, clergy misconduct, institutional sexual abuse, chemical exposure, explosions and fire, premises liability, nursing home abuse/ negligence, animal attacks, and medical negligence.
Mr. Nessler has lectured and continues to lecture, on personal injury, tort law, alternative dispute resolution, civil practice, and related topics.
Mr. Nessler is a lifelong resident of Central Illinois. He and his family also manage diverse farming interests including land, cattle, and grain, which affords him an extensive agricultural background in handling a variety of farm-related cases.
Mr. Nessler started his law practice in 1977 in Lincoln, Illinois. Today, he maintains seven office locations throughout Illinois. He also has established offices in Denver, Colorado,; Ft. Worth, Texas,; Orange, Texas,; Largo, Florida,; Tampa, Florida, and St. Petersburg, Florida. He has had outstanding results including million-dollar and multi-million dollar recoveries in a variety of tort cases in the last quarter-century.
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Topics:
- Clerical Abuse
- Initial Preparation of Cases for Trial
- Vehicular Accident and Injuries
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Vehicular Accidents
- Pre-Trial Preparation in Civil Practice
- Advanced Insurance, Settlement, and Trial Issues for Accident Cases (Mediation of Cases)
- National lectures on ethics in attorney advertising
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Downstate Continuing Legal Education Chair, 2010 and 2011
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Medical Negligence Committee; Products Liability Committee
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Member of the Board of Managers; Legislative Committee; Former Treasurer; Executive Committee; Former Parliamentarian; Secretary (2014-present)
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Past member of the Tort Section Council
- American Bar Association (ABA) – Fellow
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- Logan County Bar Association (past President)
- American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA)
- Former legislative assistant to the late Congressman Edward Madigan, U.S. Congress, Washington, D.C.
- Calvary Temple Christian Center (Board Member) (Deacon) (Trustee)
- Calvary Academy (Former Athletic Steering Committee-Chair)
- American Maine-Anjou Association (Board Member; past Illinois State President; past two term National President)
- Former Illinois State Fair Advisory Board Member
- No Mountain Too High Christian Ministries – Sponsor
- Certified trainer with the National Rifle Association in rifle, pistol, shotgun and personal home firearm’s safety
- Certified chief range safety officer- National Rifle Association
- Certified concealed carry instructor- United States Concealed Carry Association
- Certified concealed carry instructor- State of Illinois
- Prairie Sheep Dog Tactical Training, LLC- Principal Instructor
- Fifth-Dan (GODAN)- Tenshi Goju Kai Karate- Sensei